Ablr provides a full range of accessibility and inclusion services. The Ablr method combines humanity (this means user testing with people who have a disability) with innovative technology for unmatched accuracy. We invite you to explore the Ablr process. Know that we are always here to speak with you further about your company’s specific needs.
Accessibility Audit & Report
The Audit includes a combination of automated testing and manual/human testing.
The Audit will:
- Evaluate the website, app, document, or any digital content with a thorough assessment using a representative sample.
- Assess the level of compliance against WCAG, 2.1 Level AA
The Report contains:
- Snapshot of the compliance status of your website.
- Recommendations to correct issues using examples, screenshots, and links to reputable resources.
Also included in the Audit & Report Service
- The creation of a brief video that documents the User Experience within identified barriers. By using assistive technology, such as a screen reader, the video allows the audience to understand how users may struggle while interacting with their digital content, e.g., websites, apps, and documents.
- A comprehensive slide deck that overviews Ablr’s findings from the Audit and outlines next steps.
“Together, we must remove the physical barriers we have created and the social barriers that we have accepted. For ours will never be a truly prosperous nation until all within it prosper.”
George H. W. Bush
Remediation of Violations Found
This step fixes the issues found during the Audit. There are several options available to you during this step:
- Fix these issues by using the methods we supply in the audit report, which apply to WCAG 2.1 standards at Level AA.
- Use Ablr’s training option to address issues. (hyperlink to this)
- Utilize Ablr’s internal development team for a complete solution.
Validation of Remediation
After Audit issues have been addressed, Ablr will ensure these issues are truly fixed to WCAG 2.1 standards. This is called validation. After Ablr completes the validation of remediated content, you will be sent a follow-up report that identifies what has been fixed, what has been partially fixed (and why), and what is not fixed.
Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR)
The ACR is used for reporting a product’s accessibility compliance level. After validating changes from the audit report using the VPAT (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template), Ablr can create the ACR. The ACR is similar in concept to a sanitation rating at a restaurant. It is critical to have a clean one! Many organizations require this accessibility compliance report be published on a website or made available to customers and users upon request.
Ablr will provide an Accessibility Statement to place on a client’s website. This statement communicates your initiative to serve the disability community and acts as reassurance to your customers that accessibility is a priority for you.
Monitoring helps ensure that your website remains accessible as you update and grow. As content is updated and webpages are added, there is a high chance that unexpected accessibility issues will arise. It is important to plan for regular website checks and evaluations.
Ablr can provide continuous reports of online content, including large websites (up to 25,000 pages), with the findings of dynamic scans for accessibility issues.
Through the utilization of an automated web crawling solution, Ablr will ensure compliance and track accessibility conformance over time.
During Monitoring, Ablr will:
- Generate a report of the accessibility issues based on WCAG 2.1, Level AA standards
- Show the analytics reflecting website issues to clarify severity and frequency for easier prioritization for fixes
- Provide insight into accessibility issue history to target which digital content might need help with improving accessible practices
- Spot check using manual testing methods
Ablr Accessibility Training is a customized course specific to the client’s team(s). It starts with a questionnaire designed to assess of the team’s accessibility needs. Ablr will then plan a training syllabus customized to the client’s specific needs with training materials that are actual client digital content, not just generic content. Ablr does this to give our attendees direct application of their work.
The training consists of four three-hour sessions that span two days. Each session allows class interaction and provides hands-on training exercises.
Topics for training include:
- Best practices for achieving digital accessibility and improving access to digital content for people with disabilities
- An understanding of WCAG, Section 508, and ADA standards, and how they affect organizations
- Actionable items that all people in an organization (including content creators, designers, developers, and management) can do to ensure compliance with accessibility standards
Ablr Accessibility Training is a two-two, customized course that addresses accessibility issues around design, development, and content creation. By training your workforce in accessibility, you reduce the compliance risk for your organization, create a more inclusive working environment, and instill confidence in your teams as they learn directly how to improve the design of apps and websites.
High-level overview of what accessibility is and why it’s important
Web Accessibility Fundamentals for Developers, Designers, and Content Creators
Guidance for designers, developers, and content creators on integral aspects of digital accessibility
Included with the Accessibility Training, to be delivered to the client upon completion of the training:
- Full recordings of training classes conducted for the client
- Slide decks used in training as a reference for the teams
- A Best Practices document as a resource
User Experience/Usability Testing
Mobile apps and websites may be designed and coded to meet accessibility standards, but they may not be usable by people with disabilities. Ablr’s Usability Testing puts your content to the test as it brings people with disabilities into the testing process. Ablr provides valuable User Experience insights by dedicating hours to users who are blind and visually impaired.
Through the use of assistive technology, e.g a screen readers, Ablr gives your team(s):
- Valuable insight from actual users of assistive technology
- Recommendations for improvements to the User Experience (UX) for people with disabilities
- Recordings of the barriers assistive technology users may face while interacting with websites or mobile applications
- Video recordings of the user experience to be used as a reference.
- Documentation on whether participants were able to complete scenarios and whether the experience was efficient and satisfactory
Accessibility Support (Office Hours)
The Ablr team is happy to help with every step of your accessibility journey. We offer dedicated Office Hours for content developers to pose technical or design questions on accessibility or usability. We can also cover training topics, by request, during Office Hours. Either way, we look forward to speaking with you.
Disability Inclusion Program
Did you know that companies that practice disability inclusion have on average 28% higher revenue than their competitors, and are two times more likely to outperform their peers in shareholder returns (Accenture)?
Or, according to a study by the UN, that hiring people with disabilities can drastically lower employee turnover rates – in the case of one N.C. company, Carolina Fine Snacks, turnover went from 80% every six months to less than 5%.
At Ablr, we support organizations who are committed to disability inclusion. Through regular collaboration, we ensure that policies, hiring practices, facilities, employee training, and procurement are inclusive and welcoming to people with disabilities. We leverage all our services as needed to best suit the needs of the client organization.
Consists of 3 Steps
Ablr assesses your organization’s current state of inclusivity and identifies barriers to accommodating team members with disabilities. On the basis of our assessment, we provide you with a customized program plan that details the actions needed to achieve your goal.
Ablr helps you implement our recommendations from our program plan. Our expertise in disability inclusion ensures that you successfully adapt your workplace to the needs of coworkers with disabilities.
Ablr offers a comprehensive disability inclusion course that covers accessibility standards, ADA requirements, disability etiquette, and much more. Training ensures that your leadership at every level possesses the necessary communication skills and knowledge base to accommodate an employee or candidate with a disability.
|Criteria||Ablr||Deque System||Phable Tech||AccessiBe||Level Access||AudioEye||Make-Sense|
|Powered by the Largest Employer of People Who are Blind in America||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Hybrid Auditing Platform with Technology + Human Engagement||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No|
|Certified Analysts with Disabilities Ensuring Accessibility & Usability||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No|
|Respected Industry Executives Eliminating Barriers for Everyone||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Executive Team with Diverse Experience & Abilities||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Award Winning CEO Living with Blindness||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Automation + Human Ongoing Monitoring & Reporting||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No|
|ADA | WCAG | Section 508 Accessibility & Compliance Training||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|Disability & Inclusion Training – Multiple Modalities Availability||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|Alignment with Industry Leading Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Firm (TDM)||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Disability, Inclusion & Accessibility Consulting Services||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|VPAT | ACR – Accessibility Conformance Report & Certification Included||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|Access to Network of People with Disabilities for UX Testing & CX Feedback||Yes||Yes||N/A||N/A||Yes||N/A||N/A|