Creating Pathways to Employment
AblrWorks creates pathways to meaningful employment for people with disabilities through our Workforce Readiness and Development programs. Through our innovative and tailored trainings, we increase technical skills, networking connections, and experience into desired fields which leads to higher employment attainment, retention, and promotion.
Our Workforce Programs
- For: Junior and Senior High School students with Blindness or Low vision
- 1 year program that includes: Mentorship, Technology training, Educational and career exploration, Real-World problem solving for local businesses, Internships, Company and college tours, Speakers, and more
- For: Adults with blindness or low vision, interested in entering the workforce
- 6-month program that includes: Technology Skills Assessment, Modern workforce technology training, Career exploration and networking, Skill-specific training (e.g. Salesforce, accessibility training, etc.), Job search readiness (interviews, resumes, and LinkedIn, etc.), Internships, Job Fairs, Company tours +speakers, and moreA Best Practices document as a resource
After successful completion of each program…
- Post program career support for up to 1 year
- Access to our other programs, resources, alumni events, and networking opportunities
- Ability to mentor or participate in teamship activities
- Access to potential internships
Interested in Applying for our Programs?
The Teamship Experience
Each of our Workforce programs includes a collaborative Teamship experience. Teamship is a novel internship experience with District C and AblrWorks through which teams solve real problems for real, local businesses.
We’d Love to Have You Join Us!
Are you an organization looking to support?
Are you an organization looking to train, support, and level up our participants’ skills? We’d love to hear more about how we could further each other’s mission and support our communities!
Are you a company looking to hire?
Are you a company that operates in North Carolina? Join us by being a Speaker, Joining our Teamship experience to have participants help create solutions for your business pain points, providing mentorship, participating in job fairs, providing internship opportunities, helping with mock interviews, and participating in our Disability Training.
Are you an individual looking for work?
Are you an individual with a disability looking for work? You can talk to us about our Workforce Readiness programs to see what might be a good fit for you!
Are you a student?
Are you a student in high school or college? Let’s speak about our Workforce Development programs so we can support and prepare you for your next steps!
Know someone that would be interested?
Click the button below to fill out a contact form to let us know, and we will take it from there!
Become a Part of the AblrWorks Community
Ablr is very active in the Disability Community. Our Chief Architect, John Samuel, is visually impaired and is regularly asked to speak about accessibility and inclusion in the workspace. We invite you to join the Ablr community. We love to share the latest developments in the accessibility and disability inclusion space and-critically-we like to hear your thoughts. Join us on our channels. We look forward to meeting you there.